Winter Waterfront Weddings
The Chesapeake Bay is a beautiful backdrop for winter waterfront weddings. Herrington on the Bay offers expansive views and elegant décor to make your winter wedding an unforgettable experience. Savvy couples looking to get married in the winter can save on venue costs and create a unique celebration for their family and friends. The Herring Bay Yacht Club is the ideal location for a winter wedding. The indoor space has plenty of windows and a heated outdoor patio to highlight the waterfront view.
Real Winter Wedding
Winter Wedding Wonder
Winter is a time when nature prepares for a new beginning. What a perfect time to be wedded and to prepare for a new life together. Our Event Designers look forward to designing a magical celebration, and our couples LOVE the value they receive when planning their wedding festivities scheduled during the months of winter.
So many reasons to have a winter wedding at Herrington!
- Holidays, Winter Wonderlands, silvers, blues, reds, greens, soft, subtle, bright and bold! Anything goes! Winter naturally honors family, culture, and traditions.
- Winter venue pricing and incredible wedding packages including champagne toasts and tailored catering are always available in the winter!
- Vendor availability: Preferred wedding professionals and other vendors are more readily available and often offer winter pricing opportunities.
- Seasonal Catering: Savory, Sweet, Hearty, and Healthy–our culinary team delights in preparing your favorite cuisine, including your family’s holiday traditions, while incorporating the abundant bounty of our Chesapeake Country.
- Overnight accommodations savings: Airbnb rentals, hotels, and the on-site Inn at Herrington Harbour, and Herrington on the Bay’s Wedding Cottage, the Dover House, all offer discounted rates during winter months. You and our guests will love the savings!
- PERFECT Honeymoon timing: Retreat to the warmth of the Islands or hit the slopes if you are ski-buffs! Plan ahead for Winter 2017/2018 and get GREAT DEALS now.
Sample Winter Wedding Reception Menu
Our culinary team always sources local farm produce and meats when available. Let them know what’s important to you and your menu will be created just the way you like it. Some local specialties to consider are:
How does Herrington prepare for a winter wedding?
- Herrington’s venues feature infrared heaters at every entrance to warm your guests as they enter the ballrooms.
- Outdoor areas feature patio heaters and fire-pits for ambiance and warmth.
- Snow plows are on call 24 hours a day for the very rare Maryland snow showers.
- Valet parking is available; self-parking is close, complimentary and convenient.
- Event insurance is a couples’ best friend.
- Impeccable service every step of the way.