Spicy Pumpkin Dip with Sweet Potato ChipsReal Food
Spicy Pumpkin Dip with Sweet Potato Chips
Who said pumpkin spice was basic? This recipe from Chef Mike shows off the flavors of fall.
At Herrington on the Bay, we are known for our ability to create unique menus and recipes. And our favorite thing to do is create mouthwatering, seasonal dishes for our catering clients.
Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice
We love savoring the flavors of fall. One of our favorite recipes is Spicy Pumpkin Dip with Sweet Potato Chips. This is a great dish for catered events, especially during the cocktail hour.
RECIPE FOR HERRINGTON’S SPICY PUMPKIN DIP WITH SWEET POTATO CHIPS
Yield: 3 cups
Ingredients for Spicy Pumpkin Dip
- 1.5 cups Roasted pumpkin, pureed
- 1.5 cups Great northern beans
- 1 clove Fresh garlic
- 1 tsp Ground red pepper (Cayenne)
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Chips
- 5.5 lbs Sweet potatoes, in 1/4″ slices
- Sunflower oil for fryer
- 2 tbsp Fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp Coarse black pepper
Directions for Spicy Pumpkin Dip
- Combine pumpkin puree and remaining ingredients in food processor and puree until smooth.
- Serve with Sweet Potato Chips.
Directions for Sweet Potato Chips
- Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4″ slices using a mandoline.
- Fry in fryer according to directions, recommend using sunflower oil.
- Season chips with salt and pepper.