Whenever possible, Herrington on the Bay proudly sources local. And spring is a bountiful season. These recipes from our catering team feature fresh rockfish, spinach and strawberries – with a touch of citrus.
Grilled Rockfish & Spring Spinach Salad
From Herrington on the Bay Catering
Number of portions: 4
Ingredients for Grilled Rockfish with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- 16 oz. rockfish
- 1 tbl extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp butter (we use Tavola Italy butter)
- 1/4 Spanish onion, chopped
- Juice and zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 2 tbl Italian parsley, chopped
Ingredients for Spring Spinach Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Vinaigrette (makes 1 cup – store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbl white vinegar
- juice and zest from 1/4 lemon
- juice and zest from 1/4 orange
- juice and zest from 1/4 lime
- 1 tbl honey
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Salad (makes 4 portions)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Pint of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries, thinly sliced
- 0.8 oz dehydrated orange
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- Citrus Vinaigrette (about 1/2 cup or 4 tbl)
- To make Citrus Vinaigrette dressing, place all ingredients (except oil) in a mixing bowl and whisk together. Then, slowly whisk in oil. Adjust taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To prepare Grilled Rockfish, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Turn grill to high heat. Toss rockfish with olive oil, salt and pepper, and grill on each side until nice grill makes. Place seared filets in a pan and finish in the oven at 350 degrees (about 6 to 9 minutes – fish should be opaque and slightly flaky).In a sauce pan, heat butter and sauté onions until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Deglaze pan with lemon juice and white wine. Reduce for one minute until slightly thickened. Add parsley.
Drizzle butter on rockfish filets and serve.
- To make the Spring Spinach Salad, toss ingredients with dressing (setting aside some onion and orange for garnish). Garnish with onions and oranges.
Copyright Herrington on the Bay Catering