Herrington’s Bourbon Meatballs
Sweet with a little kick, the perfect weekend party appetizer.
No party is complete without appetizers. Whether you’re hosting an game night this weekend, or just hanging out, these Bourbon Meatballs are sure to delight.
From Herrington on the Bay Catering
Yield: approximately 24 meatballs
- 1 lb ground local beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 oz milk
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1/4 cup Spanish onion minced
- 1/2 tbl green onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp black ground table pepper
- 4 tbl Italian seasoning
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tbl fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbl curly parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (we make our own, use your favorite)
- 1 1/2 cups Bourbon
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup creole mustard (such as Zatarain’s)
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Heinz HOMEMADE chili sauce
To Make Meatballs:
- Mix all ingredients by hand or in a mixer until incorporated. Do not over mix or meatballs will become mealy. Then, refrigerate mixture until cold.
- Using your hands or a scoop, portion mixture into 3/4 – 1 inch balls. Place onto a lined sheet pan. Wrap and refrigerate.
- To cook, bake at 350° for approximately 20 minutes or until internal temperature is 165° F.
To Make Bourbon Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and heat to simmer. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.Yields about 6 cups, refrigerate unused portion for up to one week or freeze for up to three months.
Toss meatballs in sauce to desired coat and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Copyright Herrington on the Bay Catering