Boozy Hot Cocoa
So cozy, so boozy, and so perfect for these chilly nights!
When a guest comes to us with a special request, we always try and make it happen. One of our brides wanted to serve Kahlua Hot Cocoa at her winter wedding reception. She brought us a copy of the recipe from Damn Delicious and we made it happen! You can also create this special treat, recipe below.
Kahlúa Hot Chocolate
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dutch-processed unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1-ounce Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur
- Mini Marshmallows, for serving
- Salted Caramel, for serving
- Chocolate Syrup, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and nutmeg over medium heat until heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Kahlúa.
- Serve immediately, garnish with mini marshmallows, salted caramel and chocolate syrup, if desired.